Christmas in Roseland Juried Arts Competition
This juried competition is open to students in middle and high schools in the Shreveport-Bossier area
The top 30 entries will be exhibited during the Christmas in Roseland season at the Klima Education and Visitor Center. To submit your artwork for consideration, please e-mail your entry or fill out the form below, in accordance with the guidelines below, to Kim Bennick at Kim[at]ars-hq[dot]org.
1) Artworks are to be submitted via e-mail in .jpeg format.
2) Accepted media for the art show includes: drawings and paintings in all forms on paper or canvas, photography, and prints. Sculpture or other kinds of 3D media will not be accepted at this time.
3) E-mail submission must include the following:
Student’s name, school of attendance, grade level, and contact information
Name of artwork and media used
4) Artwork may include representational or non-representational subjects that portray scenes or feelings of Christmas, or other winter seasonal themes, and must be appropriate and friendly to family audiences.
5) Artwork for consideration must be submitted by September 30, 2013.
6) On notification of acceptance, artists have until November 15, 2013, to drop off artwork for exhibition.
1) Artwork may fit in a standard sized frame and should not be less than 8’’ x 10’’. The maximum acceptable size is 36’’ x 36’’.
2) The artwork may not exceed 25 lbs in weight.
3) All artwork must be presentation ready. Works on paper must be framed. All works accepted must be properly prepared to hang by wire attachment. We do not have the materials to provide it for you.
1) The top 30 artworks, as determined by the judges, will be selected to exhibit during Christmas in Roseland.
2) Students will be notified of their artwork’s acceptance via e-mail by October 15, 2013.
3) Every entry will receive a certificate of participation.
4) Prizes for the artists of artworks winning 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and Best in Show, as determined by the judges, will be available.
5) The juried exhibition will hang for the duration of the Christmas in Roseland season. Christmas in Roseland will be open weekends beginning November 29, 2013 through December 22, 2013.
8877 Jefferson Paige Road • Shreveport, LA71119 • 318-938-5402 • E-mail: Kim[at]ars-hq[dot]org Christmasinroseland.org